Welcome to Turbophile, the site dedicated to Datsun and Nissan turbo and performance vehicles. Here you'll find feature cars and readers rides, with an emphasis on completed turbo or high-performance cars, with heaps of images, videos and build stories.
There is also photo and video coverage of local automotive and events held in south-east Queensland such as QPDC Datsun Cruises, drag racing, shows, cruises and sprints. For technical information and step-by-step articles on modifying your Datsun or turbo performance car, take a look at the technical section.
|Ron's KA24DE Datsun 2 Door 510
Matte black and with an interesting engine conversion, this 2-door 510 hails from California, USA.
|Peter's CA18DET Datsun 120Y
A comprehensive Nissan CA18DET engine conversion and lots of attention in this Datsun 120Y Fastback.
|Brad's SR20DET Datsun 1600
The complete package including tidy engine conversion and clean body.
1st May 2013
- 91 mm turbo on a JZA80 Supra
This may be the largest turbocharger I've ever seen. Hopefully it doesn't swallow any birds passing by. Just plain amazing.
13th May 2008
- Have you tried to email Turbophile lately and have not received a reply? We have been having technical difficulties with the email address and have created a new one - please re-send your email to - this one works, promise!
- Turbophile.com will be undergoing a revamp soon to make it better organised to to remove some outdated material. Stay tuned!
- Some videos from the site have been uploaded to YouTube, view them at http://au.youtube.com/user/turbophiledotcom
17th January 2007
- Happy New Year to all Turbophilians! We hope all you datto and nissan lovers out there had an enjoyable and safe holiday period and are stoked and ready for an exciting 2007!
- There are a couple of exciting new feature cars in the works, just waiting on some bigger pics. Just a reminder that if you are interested in having your car featured on Turbophile, we really need good quality images of the car! Please check the guidelines on the feature car submission page for more info.
11th November 2006
- Turbophile now has a shop page! You now have access to all the best Nissan and Datsun book titles through an affiliated website. Just follow the links from this site, purchase your book using the easy online ordering system!
- Links page updated - old broken links removed for easier browsing.
- Photos added from Fast Fours Jamboree 2006
- Two new feature cars added - Ron's KA24DE Datsun 2 Door 510 and Peter's CA18DET Datsun 120Y
5th July 2006
- Three new feature cars added - a Datsun B310 from Malaysia, a CA18DET Stanza and a SR20DET Datsun 1600 - enjoy!
29th June 2006
- What a mission! You may not notice just looking at the site, but Turbophile has undergone a huge upgrade in the last week or so. This won't mean much to the average Turbophile viewer, but I have converted the whole site to CSS based layout and it is now all fully compliant with web standards. What this does mean to the average Joe is that the site loads faster and is generally better.
- Some updates in the works will include 4 new feature cars (a Datsun B310 from Malaysia, a CA18DET Stanza, a 2-door Datsun 510 and a sweet SR20DET Datsun 1600) so keep watching for these in the next couple of weeks
5th April 2006
- A long overdue and rather large update has included FIVE new reader's rides - Drew's CA18DET Datsun 1600, Double Feature of Nissan 350Zs, Dale's Datsun 510 and Kenneth's Datsun 1200 Coupe - all from the USA!
- After 4 successful QPDC (Queensland Performance Datsun Club) meetings, we have also organised a Datsun Cruise to Byron Bay for the end of this month - see above for details!
24th January 2006
- I have at last been given some specs and information on Cameron's 'Super Turbo' Datsun 1200 Coupe - enjoy!